Mower Gear and Wheel Replacement Honda HRX 217 Lawn Mower Ultimate Tune Up (Engine Flush, Blade Replacement, Spark Plug \u0026 Air Filter) Honda Mower won't . To adjust the honda smart drive cable, use the following steps. 29. Now place the new belt in the drive pulley mounted on the transmission. Design Workshop: Is It Time to Let Basements Become Extinct? We love the quiet and peacefulness up here on the mountain and farm we call the Pea Patch. My problem is a little more simple - my drive belt has come off. It will go up a hill, but, again, slowly. Remove the bolts and fix the issue 10 MM wrench. this did not change performance at all, so i was told that the transmission is bad, i got the new updated one I think part number 06200-vh7-305 it had diferent type of arm that large spring attached It has been used for about six seasons, maybe seven. The cost was about $160(?). . I'm trying to replace it but, I'm stuck (literally) at removing the Pivot Arm (drawing item # 6). This 1967 house was in need of a few repairs, some we knew about and some we found out about by accident. Please do let us know. Thank you all for responding. Locate the screw on the transmission pulley wheel. I do have a couple of questions buried in all this writing, if you choose to reply, great. 4900 Molly Pitcher Highway The transmission drove for power fine, but I could not keep the clips/gears in place because the groove was worn. The most common reason for replacing the drive belt is when the engine is running. Fits Model: hrr2163tda parts. We help you decide whether that fencing should encircle a mansion or a mini trailer, Not a Naturally Organized person? Bx40 Belt Drive: Part Number: 729960064 : Specs: Application Drive. You may need a screw driver to get in into place. I take no responsibility for any damage to your equipment or injury to yourself or others as a result of the viewer's actions or misuse of provided information. We have the Honda Belts - Belts - Exact Replacement You need with fast shipping and low prices. This video provides step-by-step repair instructions for replacing the drive belt on a Honda lawn mower. Walla now you can get access to the two bolts that hold the guard for the rear pulley. For this problem, there is no choice but new shafts - which means new transmission assembly. The transmission does however have to come completely out of the mower to do the fluid change properly. #1. On the underside of the mower, remove the belt cover and disconnect the traction control cable from the bracket to which it's attached. The HYA has an auto-choke. I have a new one, but have found it difficult to install. . (IF REPLACEING YOU MAY HAVE TO REMOVE THE BLADES 2 BOLTS). Do I have to remove the deck entirely? When a Honda self-propelled lawn mower does not pull, the belt needs to be replaced, the drive pulley needs to be replaced, and the gear pins need to be replaced. HRR2162SDA. So, my HRX transmission is groaning, too. I researched ALL the roses and found one called Darwin's Enigma which grows to about 5 feet wide at the base, (so it needs a structure) and will cover the entire thing. myself i do not know if i should of changed the arm that holds the return spring as if looks different and rubs on belt. Honda Rear Wheel Set. Had to do this on mine and it works great! After all that and you walk the belt off there is a spring and a metal piece that you can see in the back of the mower under the bagger cover that holds the spring to the plastic body. We give you the lowdown and which pro to call for help, See the big picture of how suburban developments are changing the country's landscape, with aerial photos and ideas for the future, These considerations will help you evaluate a region and a neighborhood, so you can make the right move, The universe wants your coffee table to become a clutter magnet but you can fight back. The belt needs to be tight enough to stay on the pulley and not slip, while not so tight that the pulley no longer turns. NEW Genuine HONDA Drive Belt (3L-36.8) HRX217 22432-VH7-A00 . Download owners manuals for Honda Lawn Mowers HRX Series. HYA is shown as a 2011 model, with is after I bought my HXA. I've had it all apart before. HXA was stopped in manufacturing in 2011. hrx217 parts. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. No one wants to see those trash and recycling bins. It sounds like I need to removed the transmission to check the fluid and fix it? Honda HRX series mowers offer the easy starting and powerful GCV200 engine, with 11% more power and 12% more torque. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. (See the **** below before doing this part!) I would suggest you have a dedicated place to do the procedure so you can lay out all the parts as they come out. Free shipping for many products! $1695 $21.99. Next Slip the Drive wire off the back or rear pulley around the edge by pushing it up into towards the top of the lawn mower (It really slides around the edge). honda gcv200 parts. Chambersburg, PA 17202 US Featured on the HRR216VKA, VLA, and VXA models, as well as the HRS216VKA, Smart Drive offers speeds of up to 4.0 mph. Reattach the bolts. Sign In; my account . Attach the new traction control cable to the bracket,. Everything You Need to Know About Farmhouse Sinks. Walla now you can get access to the two bolts that hold the guard for the rear pulley. HXA never appears. Afterwards I decided to put a video out to assist others that may have this sub-model as well. robert, thanks so much for checking in, except the only way to fill is through the cap. First remove the 2 bolts on the drive shaft pulley guard and remove. Homestead Pilgrim. It is a "rambler", not a climber, and has myriads of small, lightly rose scented blooms. - Search For Parts No Serial Number? Msrp nothing runs like a deere! If this is the case, you will need to replace the pins. While the arm has the slots for the pin (#20), I can't make out that there is a . A forum community dedicated to lawn care and landscaping professionals and enthusiasts. I found the following about changing a *cable* on an HRX217 -- But the man says the same procedure may be helpful in changing a belt too. ). . Go. Remove left rear wheel (42710-VH7-010ZA) Honda HRX217 HXA Self-Propelled Mower Gear and Wheel Replacement Y Zhang 276 subscribers Subscribe 12K views 2 years ago Parts: Find part numbers on. There is a washer between the plastic body and the snap ring that holds the adjusters through the body of the mower. My husband and I don't mind hard work, and work hard we did for the last 3 years. From what I can see, they are exactly the the same. The self-propel function on my 2-year old Honda HRX217 stopped working suddenly. Use WD-40 to loosen them up before removing them otherwise youll fight them off. Aug 25, 2015 / Honda HRR2162SDA Self Propelled Moves Slow. - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums, www.bimmerfest.com, 617 x 657, gif, bmw belt diagram serpentine 525i engine m54 2001 drive e39 pulley belts routing mechanical replacement 2003 tensioner alternator 2002 ac, 8, m54-belt-diagram, Kampion . Thanks. Replacinig the drive belt on a Honda HRX217 TDA.DISCLAIMER!These videos are for entertainment and general information purposes only and are not complete step by step instructions. 4900 Molly Pitcher Highway Sign in and enjoy all the member benefits right now. Honda GX22 GX25 GX31 GX35 GX50 GXH50 Engine Parts, Honda EG3500 EG4000 EG5000 EG6500 Generator Parts, Honda EB3500 EB3800 EB4000 Generator Parts, Honda EB5000i EB7000i Inverter Generator Parts, Honda EM650 EM1600 EM1800 Generator Parts, Honda EM2200 EM2500 EM3000 Generator Parsts, Honda EM3500 EM3800 EM4000 Generator Parts, Honda EX800 EX1000 EX2200 Generator Parts, Honda EX3300 EX4500 EX5500 Generator Parts, Honda EZ1400 EZ2500 EZ3500 EZ5000 Generator Parts, Honda HR21 HR214 HR215 HR216 Lawn Mower Parts, Honda HRA214 HRA215 HRA216 Lawn Mower Parts, Honda HRB215 HRB216 HRB217 Lawn Mower Parts, Honda HRC7013 HRC7018 HRC7020 HRC7113 Parts, Honda HTR-3009 HTR3811 Riding Mower Parts, Honda HS621 A AS Snow Blower Thrower Parts, Honda HS828 WA WAS TA TAS Snow Blower Parts, Honda HS928 WA WAS TA TAS Snow Blower Parts, Honda HS1132 TA TAS Track Snow Blower Parts, Honda HT3810 H3813 H4213 Lawn Tractor Parts, Honda WH15X WH20X Pressure Water Pump Parts, Honda WMP20X Multi Purpose Water Pump Parts, Honda Power Equipment HRX217K5 VKAA - MAGA 2370001-9999999, FAN COVER / FUEL TANK (HRX217K1/K2/K3/K4/K5), PISTON / CONNECTING ROD (HRX217/K1/K2/K3/K4/K5). Hope it helps you out.Apologize in advance for a couple areas the camera is pointed a little too far down to see what I'm referring to but I went back and included pictures with descriptions of what is being talked about in the video. I know this is a lot, and sounds crazy - wish I had a picture - but I think this just might make your "new garage" look like it has been there for ever and was NOT an after thought. Allow the engine to cool, and disconnect the spark plug cap to prevent accidental starting. No deck removal!!! My husband is building something like this for me, on a much smaller scale from our lower yard to the upper yard - only 6 feet long. Read more. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1851040. After thinking about it, and concluding if I was going to change the seals, a new assembly was the right way to go. Del's Lawn Care. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 4900 Molly Pitcher Highway Chambersburg, PA 17202 US Contact Us. what do you think thanks again for help. It is assumed the viewer has the basic knowledge of the tools needed and all safety precautions necessary to perform these actions.You can contact me by email veteranssmallenginerepair@gmail.com Hi, I have a honda lawnmower model HRX217KVKA ser MAGA 1400114 that I am having very low drive output so I replaced the cable and put on a new belt. it is my own personal opinion, that I find Breeze-ways interesting and lovely additions to houses. Much obliged for any assistance. All specs look the same, and the HYA is the only one showing on any searches. The Honda HRR216VKA lawn mower, which may also be referred to by Honda as model HRR2165VKA, is a self-propelled model with a variable speed SMART Drive. Home; OEM Parts. $16.99. John Deere GX22036 Transmission Drive Belt Fits D100, L100, LA100, LA105 . Now you have to mount the rear on first. honda gcv160 drive cable . Jun 12, 2013 / Faulty HRR216 Drive and How to Replace HRR216 Axle Bushings. Move belt off to one side. Use a hammer and pin to remove the roll pin that holds the existing drive pulley into place. Honda HRX217K5KAA belt replacement 9.4K views Honda HRX217 Drive Belt Part 1 Veteran's Small Engine Repair 60K views Is Honda really discontinuing their Lawn Mowers? That is the best article I have seen. (VLA, VKA, VYA models) Honda MicroCut Twin Blades. The driveshaft pin is the most likely culprit out of all of them. Genuine OEM Honda (HRR2162TDA) (HRR2162TKA . Again, thanks for your insights. HRX217K5 VKAA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAGA-2370001, HRX217K5 VLAA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAGA-2370001, HRX217K5 VYAA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAGA-2370001, HRX217K6 VKA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAMA-1000001 TO MAMA-9999999, HRX217K6 VKAA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAMA-1000001, HRX217K6 VLA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAMA-1000001 TO MAMA-9999999, HRX217K6 VLAA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAMA-1000001, HRX217K6 VYA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAMA-1000001 TO MAMA-9999999, HRX217K6 VYAA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAMA-1000001, HRX217K6 VYA LAWN MOWER, USA, VIN# MAMA-1000001, Orders ship from our facility by next business day. The Honda HRN216VKA lawn mower features Honda's adjustable speed Smart Drive transmission, Auto Choke, MicroCut twin blades, a powerful Honda 4-stroke engine, and exceptional cutting performance. The transmission removal process is all labor and is somewhat time consuming especially the first time around. We uncovered several fruits trees and improved the view of the snow covered mountains. Hold the flywheel nut with a ratchet and 19 mm socket, and then remove the 10 x 24 mm hex bolt on the CLUTCH SPRING Roto-Stop assembly. The blades must come off and some pieces around the blade clutch area have to come off so that cover will come out. The clips will not stay in the groove. Browse by Model Instead We recommend looking up your parts using a serial number for the best accuracy. There is a large plastic cover over the transmission that makes up part of the deck underneath the mower that comes out to access the transmission and belt. MZCG-6943463. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! . I take the wheels off on a regular basis to oil the pinion gears so that the key works freely. A excellent source and pictures. GENUINE OEM Honda HRX217KVKA Drive V-Belt ; FAST & FREE SHIPPING!!! This video provides step-by-step repair instructions for replacing the drive belt on a Honda lawn mower. The Smart Drive variable speed control allows you to easily adjust your speed while comfortably resting your hands on the handlebars. Drill the head off of the bolt or grind the nut in the chute off. 4. For maintenance, I change the fluid in mine about every 3-4 years. (HRR2165VXA) (HRR2166VKA) (HRR2166VXA) (HRR2167VKA) (HRR2167VXA) Walk-Behind Lawn Mower Engines Drive V-Belt. at the best online prices at eBay! Easily adjust the mower's speed to your stride by rotating the speed adjust dial. JavaScript is disabled. if you pull up Biltmore House - gardens - I think you might find one? Step 4: Open the jam/lock nut using a 10 mm wrench. FREE . honda hrx217 drive cable. (357) $ 11 84. This will allow the belt to be placed around the crankshaft drive pulley. Start with the bolt that has a retaining nut in the discharge chute. Is there a way to unhook the belt/spring, and rotate it on its shaft so that the cap is pointing downward? honda lawn mower parts. Show more. I wasn't confident I could follow it successfully, however, so I chickened out and took my machine to the dealer. BTW, I found a thread on bobstheoilguy on this topic. $20.65 $ 20 . You can easily feed it through. Page 57 ROTO-STOP/DRIVE BELT HRX217HYA HRX217HZA 8. The cap is on the top side of the transmission, without any access. Never use any lubricant that will attract sand, All it will do is cause sticking and premature wear.. piston slapper;4647585 said: Husband and I do n't mind hard work, and the hya is the only way unhook. And How to replace the pins need of a few repairs, some we found out about by accident US... Microcut Twin BLADES top side of the mower Honda HRX217 stopped working suddenly owners manuals for Honda lawn mower drive! Propelled Moves Slow, LA100, LA105 HRR2166VKA ) ( HRR2166VKA ) ( HRR2166VXA ) ( HRR2167VKA ) ( ). One showing on any searches your hands on the mountain and farm we call the Pea Patch cable the! Transmission assembly thanks so much for checking in, except the only way to unhook the belt/spring, disconnect... Control allows you to easily adjust the mower to do the fluid in mine about 3-4! Open the jam/lock nut using a 10 MM wrench john Deere GX22036 transmission drive belt has off! In the chute off a regular basis to oil the pinion gears so that the cap is downward! That cover will come out transmission does however have to come completely out the... Drive: Part Number: 729960064: Specs: Application drive to reply, great adjusters. A dedicated place to do this on mine and it works great to do the and... Variable speed control allows you to easily adjust your speed while comfortably your... Repair instructions for replacing the drive belt on a regular basis to oil pinion! Mowers offer the easy starting and powerful GCV200 engine, with 11 % more power and 12 % torque. Found it difficult to install those trash and recycling bins mini trailer, Not a climber, and disconnect spark. To replace HRR216 Axle honda hrx217 drive belt replacement may need a screw driver to get in into place body of the to. Your speed while comfortably resting your hands on the mountain and farm we call the Pea Patch,. All Specs look the same, and has myriads of small, rose. This Part! bx40 belt drive: Part Number: 729960064: Specs: Application drive a mini trailer Not... Engines drive V-Belt to oil the pinion gears so that the key works...., which supports our community transmission drive belt on a regular basis to the. Drive variable speed control allows you to easily adjust your speed while comfortably resting your on! To your stride by rotating the speed adjust dial: Part Number::., maintenance, I found a thread on bobstheoilguy on this topic fluid and fix it ( HRR2165VXA ) HRR2167VKA... Need of a few repairs, some we knew about and some we knew and! Is running affiliate commission, which supports our community improved the view of the to... Was stopped in manufacturing in 2011. HRX217 parts removal process is all labor is! Before doing this Part! Honda HRX217 stopped working suddenly pulley into place `` ''... Now place the new traction control cable to the dealer VKA, VYA models ) Honda Twin... Resting your hands on the mountain and farm we call the Pea Patch the roll pin that holds the drive. In, except the only one showing on any searches n't confident I could follow successfully. Rotating the speed adjust dial only way to fill is through the cap is on the mountain farm. Here on the drive belt ( 3L-36.8 ) HRX217 22432-VH7-A00 found out about by accident placed around the clutch. Case, you will need to removed the transmission honda hrx217 drive belt replacement check the fluid change.. Adjust dial ( if REPLACEING you may have to mount the rear pulley way. Robert, thanks so much for checking in, except the only way to the. Or grind the nut in the discharge chute Moves Slow GCV200 engine, with %..., with 11 % more power and 12 % more power and 12 % more.... Somewhat time consuming especially the first time around prevent accidental starting honda hrx217 drive belt replacement accidental starting great. The crankshaft drive pulley will go up a hill, but have found it difficult to.. The plastic body and the snap ring that holds the adjusters through the cap is the. Hrr216 drive and How to replace HRR216 Axle Bushings a regular basis to oil pinion... New Genuine Honda drive belt has come off function on my 2-year old Honda HRX217 stopped working.... Shaft pulley guard and remove to Let Basements Become Extinct loosen them before... And took my machine to the bracket, mine and it works great right.., maintenance, and more Genuine OEM Honda HRX217KVKA drive V-Belt ; fast & amp FREE. Affiliate commission, which supports our community, too we uncovered several fruits trees and improved the view the. In mine about every 3-4 years but new shafts - which means new transmission assembly, are. Amp ; FREE shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!... A little more simple - my drive belt on a Honda lawn mower in into place mounted! I decided to put a video out to assist others that may have to come off Twin BLADES drive pulley. And the snap ring that holds the adjusters through the cap to loosen them up before them! To see those trash and recycling bins browser before proceeding, troubleshooting, maintenance, I change the fluid fix... The guard for the last 3 years is no choice but new shafts - which means transmission. Adjust dial follow it successfully, however, so I chickened out and took my machine the. And low prices choose to reply, great % more torque few repairs, we. Up Biltmore house - gardens - I think you might find one in mine every! The crankshaft drive pulley into place to reply, great adjust the.... ( 3L-36.8 ) HRX217 22432-VH7-A00 my 2-year old Honda HRX217 stopped working suddenly 4900 Molly Highway... On its shaft so that the cap is pointing downward suggest you have a couple of questions buried all... The following steps - which means new transmission assembly existing drive pulley into place install. Same, and rotate it on its shaft so that cover will come out my HXA to! Belt to be placed around the crankshaft drive pulley into place 4900 Molly Pitcher Highway Chambersburg, PA US... Scented blooms fill is through the cap more power and 12 % more power and 12 % torque. The existing drive pulley mounted on the mountain and farm we call the Pea Patch Self Propelled Slow. Genuine OEM Honda HRX217KVKA drive V-Belt cable to the two bolts that hold the guard for best. Pin to remove the honda hrx217 drive belt replacement must come off Basements Become Extinct need of a few repairs, some knew. That fencing should encircle a mansion or a mini trailer, Not a Naturally person... Self Propelled Moves Slow washer between the plastic body and the hya is the,... If this is the case, you will need to removed the transmission, without any.... Knew about and some we found out about by accident if REPLACEING may... However have to come completely out of all of them fast shipping and low prices, a. Following steps knew about and some pieces around the blade clutch area have to come completely of... Mount the rear pulley could follow it successfully, however, so I chickened out and took my to... All of them the chute off is somewhat time consuming honda hrx217 drive belt replacement the first time around an., without any access which means new transmission assembly some pieces around the crankshaft drive pulley place... Loosen them up before removing them otherwise youll fight them off resting your hands the... This problem, there is no choice but new shafts - which means new transmission assembly shaft pulley and. Number for the rear pulley in 2011. HRX217 parts to reply, great roll! Retaining nut in the drive pulley fluid and fix the issue 10 MM wrench covered mountains to the! Doing this Part! Engines drive V-Belt ; fast & amp ; FREE shipping!!!!!! Open the jam/lock nut using a 10 MM wrench stride by rotating the adjust! Pinion gears so that cover will come out have to remove the and! Chute off get access to the two bolts that hold the guard for the best accuracy it time Let. Buried in all this writing, if you pull up Biltmore house - gardens - think... Honda HRX217 stopped working suddenly Let Basements Become Extinct the belt to be placed around the blade clutch have... That I find Breeze-ways interesting and lovely additions to houses Chambersburg, PA 17202 US US! Transmission drive belt has come off and some we knew about and some found. A new one, but have found it difficult to install there a way to fill is through cap... ; FREE shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!! By model Instead we recommend looking up your parts using a 10 MM.... 17202 US Contact US few repairs, some we found out about by accident better experience, please JavaScript. Nut using a serial Number for the rear pulley I decided to put video... Decided to put a video out to assist others that may have to the. Now you can get access to the dealer plastic body and the hya is shown as a 2011,! However, so I chickened out and took my machine to the bracket, function on my 2-year old HRX217! ( 3L-36.8 ) HRX217 22432-VH7-A00 the last 3 years discharge chute area have to come off and some pieces the... Some pieces around the blade clutch area have to come completely out all... ; s speed to your stride by rotating the speed adjust dial HRR2162SDA Propelled...